My introduction to painting came at an early age with the guidance of my artist father in Norway, who instilled in me a deep appreciation of art and the creative process. After moving to the US as an adult, I attended the Fashion Institute of Technology. In 1999, my move to the Hudson Valley area gave me the opportunity to concentrate on making art, much of my inspiration coming from nature.
I have been represented with acrylic paintings at Art Forms Gallery in Woodstock, NY, and mixed media pieces at Jan Collins Selman Fine Art, Falmouth, MA. Work is in private collections in Norway, New York, Texas, and Massachusetts.
• The Hawthorn Gallery, Woodstock, NY, June-Nov. 2018
• Healing Arts Gallery in Ellenville Regional Hospital, Solo Show June 2013
• Oriole 9 Gallery, Woodstock, NY, Solo Show, September 2008
• LGBTQ Center, Kingston, NY, Solo Show, June-August 2008
• WAAM, Woodstock, NY, Solo Show, February 2008
• Hudson River Gallery, Brooklyn, NY, Solo Show, Fall 2008
• Carter Burden Gallery, NYC, several shows including “Shiny” Dec. 2018
• Emerge Gallery, Saugerties, NY, “Something Blue”, March 2019
• Art Bar Gallery, Kingston, NY, “Paint the Town